Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Tuesday News

Hey Friends.  So are you still out there?  I feel like I took an insane amount of time away from the highway.  I needed some time to sit at home, drink, and wallow for a period.  I went to some shows.  I listened to new stuff coming out.  Nothing really wowed me.  It wasn't that the new music was terrible or that I wasn't enjoying shows.  I just didn't have anything left to say...Plus I was also reading a lot of other blogs and was becoming increasingly more self conscience about this little highway and if it was even making any difference or if what I even said mattered.  (I deal with a lot of self doubt at any given moment.) During this time I was also reading a lot of writers who were talking about the demise of "the scene".    I was in a land of nothing. I would sit down at this computer open up to the blogger page and nothing would come.  There was plenty that I should have been sharing.  Things like the worthy kickstarters from guys like Manzy Lowry, Steve Roloff, and James Pardo's pre release sales of American Lotus.  Also missing acoustic and full band things happening that there was no reason for me to miss.  During this writer block period I got to meet some really cool people. Guys like Larry Joe Taylor and the band members of The Great Divide.

Anyway so what changed? What pulled me out of this funk? I am not really sure today.  All I know is I got my mojo back.  I found that little purpose that made me come back to the highway.  So as I sit here on my patio listening to the Cody Canada acoustic disk watching my dogs herd cows in the field I once again found my joy in story telling and what inspires writers.  I look forward to a full week of shows again.  I am hoping to catch Will Hoge Thursday, Jamie Wilson and Courtney Patton on Friday, and be there as Seth James says his goodbye to the Departed on Saturday. All this while preparing for a week long trip to Steamboat for music and good time with friends.  I look forward to seeing some old friends out at shows again and taking in new sights and sounds.  See ya'll around
soon.

 
Also how cute is this hat on Cash?! 
A little hint...I'm planning on a pup Christmas photo...Don't tell him that.
 
 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment