Saturday, March 15, 2014

Hurricane Highway: New Place, New Time

Hurricane Highway has a new home base.  New Braunfels, TX is now the new home for this girl.  So far in town I have ran into some familiar faces and some new ones too.  My first Wednesday here I was delighted to see Seth James and Bobby Mack at Riverroad.  It was a blues night for sure and brought quite a crowd.  If you missed it, Seth and his talented band of blues brothers musicians will be back at the house on 3/19 and 3/26.  You can't or shouldn't pass up this great showcase. 

 
On the familiar faces front, I caught a fun show at The Old Icehouse.  While not a place known for live music, it is a quaint bar with really cold, really cheap beer.  The other Friday featured Steven Roloff and James Pardo.  Now I haven't told you about Steven's latest release, but I am working on some new write-ups this week and I will tell you all about it.  The night also saw the guys invite their equally talented friends to the stage, like Matt Begley, Jordan Minor, and other local talented guys. 
 
One of the things I looked forward to as I trekked boxes and heavy things up three flights of stairs was getting to catch local talent.  This past couple of weeks I have gotten to see two young bands that while aren't perfect, they sure did have a lot of promise.  Callahan Divide and Travis Parker Band. 
 
So with a new place, new job, and tons of music at my fingertips I will have plenty to do, see, and write about.  Stay Tuned.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment