Thursday, June 27, 2013

How Did I Miss This Guy? - John Moreland.

Do you ever feel like you missed the boat on something?  I was recently pointed in the direction of John Moreland.  How have I never heard of this guy before? I am not sure, but I think he is some kind of best kept secret in Oklahoma. With a voice that could easily pass for Paul Thorn, his lyrics are honest, thoughtful, and haunting.  I just really want to know how I have missed out on this talented guy.

I don't mean to get away from the focus of our local area here.  Sometimes though I when I find something as good as this, I have to share.  It makes me want to stand on soapbox with a megaphone and scream at the dummies who only listen to what the program directors shove at them to listen to.  If it wasn't a multi million dollar investment I would start my own station.  I actually come from a long line of radio people.  My grandpa used to own a radio station in Floresville.  KWCB, He ran it and my Aunt, Dad, and cousin Alice all dj'd there.  I have some fun memories of that little building. I also liked that it was down the street from Dairy Queen...Always the chubster.  Unfortunately when my grandpa passed away, the station was no more.  Alas though here is my way of getting to the masses (or dozens in this case).  Anyway off my soap box and memory lane.

Here is a sampling of John and his music.  Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment