Tuesday, June 11, 2013

New Music Tuesday

Jason Isbell and Bob Schneider are out with new music today.  Jason with Southeastern and Bob with Burden of Proof. 

 
I had to listen to this one more than a few times before I could wrap my brain around it.  I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss a lyric, riff, drum note..anything.  This isn't a party album, that is for sure.  It is what Jason does best with his songwriting.  He channels these characters and puts their sadness into words like only he can. One of the best songs is Elephant. A story about a girl who is battling cancer from the point of view of her guy friend.  When I tell you I listened to this disk more than a few times, I think it has bordered on double digits.  I tried to find a flaw in it somewhere...I really couldn't all the songs on this cd have to be listened to.  I think this could be Jason's best work to date.
 


 
 
 
 When it comes to Bob Schneider albums, I can't really predict what I will hear from him, like I can with other records.   They are always artsy, sometimes too artsy for me.  That was the case with this one.  I really only cared for one song on the whole cd.  This one below.  Normally I like slow songs but when it comes to his music I prefer more the uptempo side.  This cd had way too many slow songs for me.
 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment