Thursday, May 30, 2013

Highway Hiatus

Life. It is full of up and down moments.  That's just how it goes.  While I try to keep things on here about what is happening in the music world and less about my personal world, today my personal world hit a snag. My dad had a stroke this morning. Since last Tuesday my family has been handling his recovery from surgery he had to have due to some complications associated with Diabetes.  Things were moving along fine last week and life seemed normal.  As far as strokes go this one wasn't as bad as it could be.  We were able to talk with him today, although his speech is super slurred and he has some weakness on the left side.  The good thing is he was already at the hospital when this happened so he was taken care of immediately.  The recovery isn't going to be simple.  That being said for the time being I am not sure how many concerts I will get to.  Family has to come first.  It doesn't mean I am giving up on hurricane highway either.  As long as things stay stable and ok than I should be able to go see Matt Harlan at River Road later in the week.  Maybe Walt Wilkins too when he returns for the first Thursday at Gruene.  As for anything after that, it will be game time decisions. I will try to stay on top of new releases and other music news as much as I can.  To be honest my brain is on overload right now.  This is just a temporary bump in the road.  One that with time will be overcome.  Thank you to my friends and family that read what I have to say on here.  I know you will understand and keep us in your thoughts.  I also have to say a very heartfelt thank you to my mom.  It is not easy to be the wife and mother in this situation, but through it all there is no one else I would rather have by my side.  She is the one after all who told  me I should put my thoughts into words today.  Also thanks to all my family and friends that have been with us at the hospital, called and checked in to see how we are and have offered their support.  It means a lot more to me than I can say.  My dad is quite the character.  One of the funniest people I know and also one of the one of the most stubborn.  Two traits that will help in this current state of events...

As always there is live music all around for you to see.  If I can remember correctly Ryan Beaver is at Hooligan's  and Six Market Blvd is at RiverRoad on Friday.  Those were two of the shows I can think of right now as I type this.  Go out though and explore what the music scene has to offer, please and tell me all about it.  Lot's of new music is out right now.  If you haven't already listened to or downloaded the music talked about on here than give it a listen and tell me what you think.  As most of you know I am always up for a music debate.  Be back at this blog stuff soon.

~Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment