Tuesday, April 23, 2013

New Music Tuesday - Girl Power New Releases

A couple of new releases out today. Available on the ITunes, Lonestar Music, Soundcloud,etc. 

  • Brandy Zdan -  Also known as part of The Trisha's, she is the one that holds down the lead guitar, steel guitar and accordion.  She is quite possibly one of the coolest gals I have met. I got the chance to see her at Gruene but I want to make a trip up to Austin to see her with a full band.  She's different, a little edgy, little indie and most of all she has a great voice. This is a release from her upcoming EP Lone Hunter. 


  • The Rankin Twins - Moonshine and Maybes This sister duo has been making a name for themselves, I haven't been able to catch a show of theirs yet, but I want to soon.  This album has some stand out tunes on it.  Produced by Ken Tondre I was impressed with six of the tracks on it. Of course they were all the ones about love gone wrong.   Favorite off the cd is Holding Pattern a duet they did with Drew Womack. 

 
  • Lori McKenna - Massachusetts It is no secret Lori is one of my favorite songwriters. There is no one else who can capture the heartbreak of life like she does. As I type this I am listening to the cd.  Picking a favorite off this one is hard.  They are all stellar.  I really wonder how she doesn't write a bad song? 


No comments:

Post a Comment