Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Amazing moments don't just happen on the weekends. What are you missing?

I am sure many that read this may not have a schedule that allows them the option to get out to shows during the week.  I understand, everyone has different priorities.  I am a believer though that magic doesn't always happen on the weekends or at the big sell out crowd shows.  Sometimes some of the best shows you will ever see is when their is a small number in the room on a random Tuesday night.  Those of you that live in the New Braunfels and San Marcos area don't realize how good you have it.  Any day of the week you can see someone who may not seem like much of showman at the time but give them your time and attention and in a time you may realize you witnessed something amazing. Prime example - did you know Stevie Ray Vaughn got his start on a slow night at Cheatham Street, I think on Tuesdays to be exact. Who would want to admit they missed out on that? Not me! With that in mind I am off to my happy place tonight to do some work in the field.  New Braunfels, TX more precisely River Road Icehouse.  Another one of those great venues I have fond memories of.  Home to the first Ragweed Show I ever saw when I was young 20 year old full of spunk.  (ah, memories) Since then at River road I have gotten to see some really great shows acoustic Jason Boland  comes to mind.  The time one fourth of July that I saw Bleu Edmondson there is another memory that stands out.  To anyone in the crowd that doesn't understand concert etiquette, don't ever ask an singer to play a song that isn't his especially when the crowd is yelling out for his songs.  It will cause Bleu to yell mean (but fully deserved) things at you and the crowd will be mean to you also...just saying.  Tourists, what can you do?  But back to my point, time to go support live music.  I suggest you do the same. 


Support live music wherever you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment