Monday, January 14, 2013

Stranger things have happened.

By now you may or may not know I am a recording artist. Yep, that's right boys and girls somebody thought it was a good idea to let the girl that sings worse than Taylor Swift on a mic.  Thank god it was a sing along song and there were others involved.  I don't think Jerry Clayton would have had enough auto tune in the world for me to do stand alone vocals.  But alas, everyone gathered at his radio dog recording compound to put the final touches on a song from the album called Time To Go.  The album itself is going to be called Reckless Ways.  Its the second album that Southern Strangers will be releasing.  I could not be more proud to be a part of it.  For those that don't know about this band I became friends with them over time and have had the opportunity to watch them grow over the years.  I have also made some fun memories and been fortunate enough to gather some wonderful friendships.  Now for those that don't know me or my music taste, I will tell you this statement. If I was not friends with the band and just heard their stuff from out and about I would still be telling you about them. The first cd had some really strong songs on it.  Songs like One Night Fix, So Long, South Texas Drought stand out to me.  On this new cd the songwriting has grown, the instrumentation has gotten smoother  and more creative.  This is going to be a good one to get everyone.  I loved every minute of being in the studio.  The whole idea of watching songs come together from being written on an acoustic guitar to it coming together with a full band fascinates me.  I could watch documentaries about it for hours.  March 23rd is the cd release.  It is going to be a fun night and it will be filmed!  I can't wait! It is going to be a fun night at Kicasters, I can feel it. As we get closer to the release I am sure I will be updating with details.  Below are some pics from the day.  I take no photo credit for any of these.


Francisco "Frankie fiddles" Martinez in studio adding his fiddle genius to a track.
 
 Jerry Clayton and Southern Strangers.
 
 The PR man himself Tater helping with catering.
 
Bass Player Pony listening to the tracks off the new cd. ok I do take photo credit for this one.
 
The sing along crew. Photo credit to the director of the cd release recording Jacob Wayne Bondesen.
 
Support live music wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment