Sunday, January 27, 2013

Wow, Wow, Wow Will Owen Gage

I just returned home from the fabulous benefit that was thrown for that young man in the previous post. They deserved all those blessings and more that they received today.  
 
Amongst the great line up of bands and song swaps at Riverroad Icehouse; I was able to witness the amazing talent of the Will Owen Gage Trio.  I  have seen Will play once before on the lead guitar and was in awe of his talent at that time.  As a leader of a band...I am not even sure how to describe it. There is no taking your eyes away from the stage.  Conversations shouldn't even take place, because it will cause you to miss something. It was one of the most amazing shows I have seen!  He is a true soulful blues man with talent and skill that are unmatched. I have seen lots and I mean lots of talented guitars players. I have been going to concerts almost every weekend for the last eleven years of my life. That has given me many opportunities to compare em.  I am going to make a bold statement that I will 100% stand behind if you even try to argue with me on this.  Will Owen Gage is the best guitar player in the State of Texas in this decade.  Quite possibly the world.  I truly believe that when we sit down and discuss the musical contributions made by artists to the landscape of Texas music history, he is one of those names that needs to be talked about. That will be talked about. In the same way we talk about Jimi Hendrix.  In the same way we talk about Stevie Ray Vaughn.  In the same way we talk about Duane Allman.  In the same way we talk about Eric Clapton.  I can't say enough good things about what I witnessed tonight...I am not even sure I have enough descriptive words to get across how incredible of a show I witnessed tonight.  The only thing I can do is tell you that you need to find out when and where this band plays at.  Go see them.  I am not sure how long it will be before the rest of the world hears about him and he is selling out shows.  A talent like his is too good to go unnoticed.
 
 
 
 
Support live music wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment